Wednesday, November 20, 2013

colourQ challenge #216

 

I sure have missed making cards and blogging about them! For the past two challenges, I have actually made cards but not in time for the challenge cut-off {pouty face}. So anyway, this week, I needed a couple of cards and the colourQ challenge colors just screamed trees to me! But I have to say, the Mighty Oak stamp set and coverplate from PTI are an absolute NIGHTMARE to work with!! I have tried several ways to improve how well the coverplate cuts out and I finally found that several rectangles of lightweight cardstock stacked together act as a shim to improve the impressions. Although, I nearly broke my Cuttlebug!! So, after making this card and another one that I'll post later in the week, I think I'll take a break from this particular die for a while . . . maybe till next fall!!

2 comments:

Julia said...

It may be a nightmare to work with, but your die sure makes a beautiful card.

Sylvia said...

Beautiful tree, Angela, I love those leaves, sorry it would so hard to do, but your card turned out lovely! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ.