Thursday, February 27, 2014

PTI Make it Monday #153

I'm baaaaaaaack!! I finally got into my craft room this week thanks to the amazing inspiration over at Nichole Heady's blog! This week's challenge is Watercolored Backgrounds With Heat Embossed Sentiments and I have had so much fun playing around with watercoloring. The key is to use watercolor paper and some imagination and VOILA! For this card, I used PTI's Watercolor Wonder stamp set, a spray water bottle, and every turquoise ink I have (PTI Hawaiian Shores, Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers & Broken China, SU! Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, & Baja Breeze). I inked the stamped, spritzed it VERY LIGHTLY with water, and stamped on my watercolor paper. I did this very randomly, and if I had places that had too much water or color, I carefully smoothed them out with a damp paintbrush. The stamp is from Neat and Tangled, and I heat embossed it with SU! Sterling Silver embossing powder. This card reminds me of the ocean or a delicious swimming pool, and I am so ready for summer!! Thanks for stopping by and have a great evening!!

2 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Great job on this! I found freeform watercoloring so hard to do--you should see my first 2 trys at a watercolor background--hideous!

Lori said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun! I found it hard to do free form also - great job.